I am of the Orthodox Voodoo



I am of the orthodox vaudou.
See me like Olohun will see me.
Treat me like Olohun will treat me.
I hold out and breathe under the tree of life.
Each day is a struggle, a hustle to live by.
I dwell like a martyr without...  
Do they even care to recognize that I am also part of the family as well?
I am an atom of the tree bole. On this planet of earth, we are one family. We are wholly created by the higher force. He places us in different directions and placement of his right or option. He’s the kings of kings, Eloah, Olohun…. He's got so many names! Still, he’s one of so many.
Unlike the bad rap of the voodoo inheritance.
I hold back strong and unbeatable.
Like the Levites, and the meaning of their career.
I am of the voodoo lineage.
I am not made of fear and wrath.
I am of the orthodox voodoo.
I made of   strength and bravery.
I generated my humility from the vertebrae of the two harmonious snakes Danbala Wèdo and Ayida Wèdo.
Like the Christian of the celestial cross; corpus, anime, spiritus.
I follow the vèvè of the trinary occult: Matter, soul and spirits.
I turn into Legba as the voodoo Christ to mediate for me from the spiritual universe.
I pour libation and candlelight to Olohun for the appreciation of the great sun, the moon, the ocean and mother earth.
I spin around the tree for rejoicing.
I twirl around the center-pole to build up the passive and active energy.
And to be a pure receptacle for the loa.
I shake my spiritual gourd to call forth the loa.
In the calabash bowl we all eat like a big family.
I pay my tithes by feeding the congressional.
By doing charity to the less fortunate and the homeless.
With leaves and seed of nature I healed the ill.
I dance yanvalou, Mayi, twarigòl, zepòl, Boumba, kita sèk , kita mouye...

because...
I’m not made of laziness.
The ritualistic faith along with the singing and rhythm live no  room for depression to mingle.
I am of the orthodox voodoo.
I flow and guide by  nature lore.
© 2017 by _Patricia Etienne
All rights reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirits, called the Ghede. The Haitian Voodoo Pantheon

Spirit Marinette Of The Wild Fire

The Goddess Ayizan Velekete Haitian Vodou Pantheon